M.Phil Year 2 Translation 05MT Week 7
One week in the life of the Chinese miracle
1. In an attempt to capture a snapshot of this dizzying change, 15 Guardian journalists will be reporting all this week on every aspect of Chinese life from the stock market to sex and shopping.
2. You can learn a lot about the future of the world by stepping into Zhang Bin's tiny room in a postgraduate dormitory at Fudan University in Shanghai.
3. Can it be that China has found a new third way, neither the Soviet-style, totalitarian planned economy, nor western-style democracy and a free market?
4. What happens in China now affects us all.
5. For the past few weeks, the European and US media have been focusing on two issues, the US presidential election and the war in Iraq.